Re: Sleep Problems

mtschindler;829580 Wrote:
Hello

I use Dell Inspiron 1525 and Vista Ultimate.
My Sleep Mode is having problems. When I press Power button or close
the lid laptop is setup to Sleep - (default setup) - but it doesn't
instead it display OS Black screen saying that the Windows wasn't
shutdown properly and gives me option to start in Safe mode etc or start
normally. In 15 seconds it resumes windows. I looked and power settings
and restored all defaults to no avail.

Mark

We have an excellent tutorial that covers many of the issues with sleep
mode. Here's the link:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63567-power-options-sleep-mode-problems.html

Let us know if you find a solution that works for you.

--
Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png\";)_
_*::Vista_Forums::* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/\";)_
'Geekbench Score: 4031'
(http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/51273)
_CPU-Z (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=345866\";)_

  • Re: Locking Desktop and Threading Issue
    ... behaviour for windows, this is why I wanted to sleep the application, ... So if I sleep the thread I can then wake it and process as ... WaitOne() method at some appropriate spot (generally a point in some ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Running Computer 24/7
    ... I believe you were referring to the Hibernate mode and not ... In control panel you can choose whether the 'Sleep' button caused the system ... |> running with no restart of Windows necessary; only the boot from BIOS is ... No power is used during standby, and the time to restart ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: How to get 1 ms delay ?
    ... which will end up preempting you). ... if your thread is still within its timeslice, the ... to next loop, without any sleep. ... Windows is poorly adapted to this kind of need. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: The revelation of St. f0dder the Divine
    ... Sleep() uses int 2Eh buried in NTDLL.DLL. ... under Windows XP/2003, where SYSENTER is used if available, nor under 95/98 where NTDLL.DLL doesn't exist iirc; I haven't run either for many ... I then tried using a global structure instead of a local and deallocated at the end of the app but it still crashed when the handles were deallocated. ... Your polling loop is a lazy, sloppy, error prone and a not very efficent method of checking for task completion, and is to be avoided like the plague in a pre-emptive multitasking operating system. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Warning: Elliott and Wiseman and McGhie are Still Ranting
    ... And as far as others getting sleep, I strongly suspect that only those with the strongest of constitutions would follow a thread ... Windows 2000 and Office of course. ... Start thinking multi-threaded, multi-user, and horror-of-horrors, multiply-reentrant code. ... Even Klingon programmers run screaming into the night at the thought of designing multiply-reentrant multi-threaded code :-) ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)