Missing pagefile.sys file

Hoping someone can help out. Been having an issue where programs will
randomly stop responding.

First stop: Inspect Pagefile.sys. However, even though the OS is on
C:, I can't locate a c:\pagefile.sys file.

Some background:
1. Yes, hidden files are set to show in Folder Options.
2. Did a search for the file (including non-indexed locations) and
can't find it.
3. Automatically manage paging file size for all drives is selected. C:
[OS], System managed is displayed.

Is it possible that I don't have a pagefile.sys? Could that be why my
system is hanging periodically?

Thanks!

  • Re: what does Hitachi Drive Fitness Test do?
    ... expert who has designed disk drives and worked in a clean room? ... I've been responding to and asking ... handled by the drive at the first attempted write to the bad sector. ... start a SMART self-test as any other SMART utility can do. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: How long should a raid metainit take?
    ... but I recall it taking a few hours to initialise a ... >> spare when I set one up a while back. ... > Thanks for responding. ... megs/sec on all the drives. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Computer hangs on startup
    ... Shayne - Just seen this post. ... > Sounds like a motherboard problem. ... >> system screen displays all drives and memory are responding. ...
  • Re: NTFS Disk Format
    ... It's quite possible the backup drive is not corrupted at all and is simply ... not properly responding because of the problems with your primary drive. ... One other point, after running a diagnostic on the primary disk, you should ... drives are failing. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Server Lock-up Event ID 51
    ... was down and the server was not responding. ... that one of the drives has developed a fault. ... How can I determine which drive has the fault? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)