Re: very slow performance

Hello Pamela,

You might give these ideas a try to help improve your computers
performance.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/81176-speed-up-performance-vista.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Pamela G;828699 Wrote:
I know this gets discussed frequently, and I have looked over a ton of
older
posts. But cannot find enough good info to apply to this laptop. My
teenager's laptop, a Toshiba Satellite series with Vista Home, big HD,
2 Gig
RAM, usual stuff, runs extremely slowly. It is slow to boot, slow to
open
any programs, slow to respond to any mouse action. Overall very slow. I
have
another Vista Ultimate laptop, and it is a lot faster than hers.
Indexing is
full, Vista came on it so install over an XP solutions don't apply,
have
already run typical maintentence stuff like antivirus (Avast),
antispyware
(AdAware and Spybot), Windows cleanup, Defrag, and ran scan disk which
found
and fixed two bad clusters in files. Defender is active, and she has
the
firewall enabled. I had her backup all her files tonight and ran all
the
utilities again, and thought I might need to reinstall Vista. Before I
do,
can anyone refer me to a website that can give me more ideas to try and
get
this thing up to speed?

Thanks

Pamela

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: Windows 2000 Pro SP4, XP Home and Vista Business 32
    ... Apologies about the duplicate posts, I got error messages and did not ... SP4, my wife's desktop is XP Home, and we have two Vista Business 32 ... laptop, but I cannot connect to it, not even with the administrator's ... I will be replacing the two desktop machines with two ...
  • very slow performance
    ... I know this gets discussed frequently, and I have looked over a ton of older posts. ... My teenager's laptop, a Toshiba Satellite series with Vista Home, big HD, 2 Gig RAM, usual stuff, runs extremely slowly. ... I had her backup all her files tonight and ran all the utilities again, and thought I might need to reinstall Vista. ...
  • Vista 64bit or XP 32bit
    ... I've bought a new laptop and obviously it came with vista installed. ... I've been reading some posts about 4gb not working in 32bit OS however ...
  • Re: Quest VMCL. OK
    ... "Designed for Vista Premium" logo, and also described as "Media Center ... "Media Center Laptops" might all come with built in Hybrid Analogue/Digital ... for a laptop with Media Center functionality. ... No I did not upgrade my sisters laptop with those hardware drivers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Boot and general performance
    ... Checked out what is starting up and uninstalled any program that I no longer used and adjusted ones I still use to only load what they need when I actually click on them to start. ... I also stand the laptop on a cake stand so that air flow under and around it is maximised. ... so I tried to use SFC /SCANBOOT as I used to on XP but that option doesn't exist for SFC under Vista so I cant reboot and have a windows OS file scan be performed when no file is locked. ... Not daunted I thought about "repair install" which *CAN* be done on my desktop Vista Business if needed with the DVD there but the laptop came with Vista Ultimate 64 bit already installed and with a restore partition on it, no disk, as usual and I cannot actually DO a repair install because of that. ...