Re: very slow performance

Hello Pamela,

You might give these ideas a try to help improve your computers
performance.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/81176-speed-up-performance-vista.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Pamela G;828699 Wrote:
I know this gets discussed frequently, and I have looked over a ton of
older
posts. But cannot find enough good info to apply to this laptop. My
teenager's laptop, a Toshiba Satellite series with Vista Home, big HD,
2 Gig
RAM, usual stuff, runs extremely slowly. It is slow to boot, slow to
open
any programs, slow to respond to any mouse action. Overall very slow. I
have
another Vista Ultimate laptop, and it is a lot faster than hers.
Indexing is
full, Vista came on it so install over an XP solutions don't apply,
have
already run typical maintentence stuff like antivirus (Avast),
antispyware
(AdAware and Spybot), Windows cleanup, Defrag, and ran scan disk which
found
and fixed two bad clusters in files. Defender is active, and she has
the
firewall enabled. I had her backup all her files tonight and ran all
the
utilities again, and thought I might need to reinstall Vista. Before I
do,
can anyone refer me to a website that can give me more ideas to try and
get
this thing up to speed?

Thanks

Pamela