Re: Home Premium: disabling fancy graphics

Pekka Numminen wrote:
Right click on the desktop and select Personalization, then Window Color
and Appearance. Click at the bottom "Open classic appearance properties
for more color options", then select Windows Vista Basic

What if I want to simplify the graphics even more?
..
..
Gordon's solution (RC My Computer, Properties, Advanced System Settings, Performance) is the best solution for getting rid of the Vista eye candy.

If you set for "adjust for best performance" you will have the visual experience of Windows 2000.

I had to do this in order to view DIVX files and DVD's smoothly on my brand new HP DV6000 with a 2GHz AMD Turion.