RE: Where did my e-mail icon go?

"Sandee" wrote:

OK, this is probably a very dumb question with a very easy answer but I'm
baffled. I'm running Windows Vista and I've only had the computer about a
month. I had my e-mail icon on the task bar so all I had to do was click it
and it brought up my e-mail. I guess this is the same as the Quick Launch
menu. Now I've lost my icon and there are two little arrows. If I click on
the arrows a little window pops up with Windows Mail as being an option. I
then have to click on it to bring up my e-mail. I like the other way better.
Why is my computer changing my options? Could it have anything to do with
the automatic Windows updates that get installed?
And while I'm at it, why when I come to this forum, do I have to put my
password in everytime even though "remember my e-mail address & password" are
clearly selected?
Once we get these little bugs worked out, maybe I can concentrate on why it
takes so long to start up my computer each day. I hardly have anything
installed except what came with the computer.
Thanks for your help. You guys are the best.

  • activating the e-mail icon in Active Theme ? Win XP
    ... Windows XP? ... The disk space and calendar are updated and displayed correctly on the right ... side of the screen, but how do I get the e-mail icon do anything, i.e., ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Quick Launch Task Bar
    ... rest would be hidden and have to be accessed by clicking the arrows at ... slider bar that governed how many items would show and how many would ... It's the same in Windows XP. ... Right-click an empty part of the Task Bar and click to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Windows XP PRO Task Bar
    ... Right click any .vbs file and click Edit. ... .vbs file opens in Notepad so that you can see what's in it instead of Windows Script Host actually running it. ... many there that deal with the task bar So I can't give you the number. ... Decrease the Size of Taskbar Buttons - Undo ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: What is the purpose of the taskbar?
    ... I have it configured for automatic updates. ... suddenly show up in the task bar. ... program that's done it, not Windows. ... Why are the different icons ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows XP PRO Task Bar
    ... Windows Support Center ... Right click any .vbs file and click Edit. ... many there that deal with the task bar So I can't give you the number. ... Decrease the Size of Taskbar Buttons - Undo ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)