creating mirrored partitions

This is the situation as it is now:

Vista x64 business is installed on a RAID 0 of 2 320 GB disks. This is controlled by the onboard RAIDcontroller of my motherboard and so Vista sees it as a 640 GB harddisk. So far so good.

I bought 2 1TB disks and I want to do the following:
Both disks should have a 200 GB partition for windows and all programs and they should be mirrors of each other. So I actually want to create a software RAID1 of 2 partitions on 2 physical different harddisks

I do not want to create a mirror of the other 800 GB, because there is no need for that.

Is this possible?

Thank you in advance,
Regards,
Tim Blank

  • SUMMARY: SDS , both sides of the mirror desync ? best way of fix it
    ... 1.- use format analyse on both disks ... since no time to do so and the only partition on ... 3.- metareplace -e d26 and each side of the mirrors using the cXtYdZsN ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Reinstallation erases all?
    ... The startup floppy diskette should be able to start the Windows 2000 installation and most likely so too the Windows XP installation. ...
  • Re: Reinstallation erases all?
    ... Anton wrote: ... Windows 2000 installs to the WINNT directory while Windows XP installs ... partition" /fastdetect ...
  • Re: Reinstallation erases all?