RE: Download Speed going down :(

1. If using a Router, get the latest Vista Firmware updates for it.
2. Latest Drivers for your Network Adaptor.
3. Right-click your Network Conection>Properties> try unbinding TCP/IPv6 to
see if that helps.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia

"Hardwire" wrote:

Hello all, I first I don't know if this is the thread I put this in, but
I apologize if it isn't. Well I built a computer about a month ago and
I just really noticed my download speed hasn't been the same since I
made the move from XP to Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I have DSL and
usally my download speeds were 160kb/s. Now on Vista the speed has
dramatilcy gone down to around 40kb/s. I did a test on my XP laptop and
that works fine, I was wondering what I could do to make vista run
faster for downloading off the internet and torrents. Thanks for your
time.

--
Hardwire

  • Re: Anyone running Vista?
    ... About to get a new 'puter with this installed and the Vista ... machines show approx 3200 kbps download speeds and the Vista machine shows ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Total Frustration with Internet Speed
    ... You seem to be saying that you have a 5Mbps Internet feed, ... So you Vista machine is working better... ... the Vista was a simple upgrade form the XP setup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Cannot connect to Vista PC
    ... Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia ... Problem is that when I right click on a Foldr and go to sharing I do not get ... > Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing. ... > In Vista Network and Sharing: ...
  • RE: antivirus install problems
    ... Anti-virus companies have had to write new programs that are Vista compatible. ... Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia ... you use a remote install program ... it was because the Windows firewall was ...
  • RE: Vista boot and shutdown problems ...
    ... Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia ... Frank Uray from Switzerland ... You can do a Repair from that vista disk, ...