Re: Restore point size

vssadmin list shadows

The above command will show the actual points that are currently available. In the UI dialog advacned settings, you may need to enable the line to show older restore points.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"davdun75" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:f12cdbd4bc265954ca78bf31c3083327@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From command line vssadmin list shadowstorage, my restore point (shadow
copy storage) space is 19.531GB, allocated space is 14.902GB, used space
is 14.077GB. However, I can only see TWO System Checkpoint restore
points in System Restore. Is this normal? Does the info for two restore
points really take that much space? I can't restore to anything earlier
than a couple of days ago, to the first of the two System Checkpoints...
c:\ 197GB total, 105GB free (primary partition in SATA 320GB HD)

:confused:

--
davdun75

  • Re: Restore point size
    ... I have 16GB taken up by points, but only 2 points seem to be showing in the restore window. ... "davdun75" wrote in message ...
  • Re: Restore point size
    ... Any chance you'd share with us how you maintain your restore points? ... CCleaner aside? ...
  • Re: No graphic view on the web or Security Center
    ... To start 'Recovery Console' either install it as a 'Start up' menu ... (The above command should be all on one line but may not appear so due ... backup and / or create a 'System Restore' point first. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • how to find files which are accessed at a particular time in red hat 8
    ... agentless monitoring ... Only thing is that you are better of using the command line to configure the nagios config files. ... restoring only the data that has changed from this dump. ... This is to reduce the restore time as the dump is currently 15gig ...
    (RedHat)
  • how to find files which are accessed at a particular time in RH8