Retain original settings after logout

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to maintain the desktop settings
after a user has logged out?

For example, I would like to create one Standard account in Vista so
many users can log in with that account. This means if one user changes
these settings the origian settings are maintained when they log off.
So the next Standard user must see the ORIGINAL settings.

Mac Leopard has a guest account that deletes all activity when a user
logs off. I would like to replicate this in Vista.

Any help appreciated.

--
stephanj
stephanj's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=413

  • Re: MC crashes following Vista Ultimate upgrade
    ... The crash causes no obvious error messages in the Vista Event Log. ... What I really need is some method of "clearing" all the MC settings. ... Alternatively,you can copy all the necessary files from your main account to the newly created account.Thereby can use the new account exactly like the main account. ... at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Interop.RenderApi.SpPeekMessage(MSG& msg, HWND hwnd, UInt32 nMsgFilterMin, UInt32 nMsgFilterMax, UInt32 wRemoveMsg, WorkResult& nResult) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Please help - Vista has completely blocked file access from all accounts!
    ... Please help - Vista has blocked access to all of my files, ... account I tried to make changes from (Vista never has saved any ... calls the file security settings. ... Windows classic folders, to see what would happen - the descriptions ...
  • Re: Should programs install to All Users, Default User, or Me?
    ... > ...where you have to duplicate settings to each account by hand. ... well - - - everything visible in Admin as I have in woody! ... For now I reset the basics and log'd out of admin and back into woody, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Update has created havoc
    ... Settings" and then copy everything from one account to the other. ... profile after creating a new user. ... data that I had under my original user. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Can you back up mail account settings in Outlook 2007?
    ... Thank you for clarifying about the registry key paths etc. ... its original factory settings, in order to determine whether an issue I have ... Outlook Express did- but it is not the same program as Outlook. ... two letters of every password for every account on both profiles. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)