Re: task manager problem

Good morning from Ireland. You're a genius! Started in safe mode and
used system restore to restart before the malware. You were right about
my task manager. I've only had this pc a few months and had no reason to
use the manager before. It was in some minimal status and when I double
clicked on the top, presto, the task manager i knowand love so well is
back. I was too freaked yesterday with the constant crash/reboot
sequence to think straight and you've come to my aid. Nice one. Thanks.

--
pyraxia

  • Re: Windows XP startup problems.
    ... I seem to recall Windows 3.1 had one ... with networking) how can I get rid of this malware? ... Did you try System Restore from Safe Mode? ... New Task via the Task Manager, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Thanks Doug--A very useful program you wrote.
    ... minimizes the Task manager to the task bar but it's refractory to coming up ... Security"* I just described will come up? ... Also are you seeing "restart" on your Task Manager?? ... and come back and go away again while using SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Thanks Doug--A very useful program you wrote.
    ... I don't have any experience with Stardocks, so I can't address your questions about it. ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... > minimizes the Task manager to the task bar but it's refractory to coming up ... > Also are you seeing "restart" on your Task Manager?? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Task Manager Wont Come Up; Restart Gone from It When It Does
    ... > Firewall is on and a way to link them to Technet's security pages hoping ... > million SP2 ad campaign MSFT will launch next week. ... i too do not find the restart option in Task manager anymore ... >>> 3) Do you have a "restart on the toolbar" of your task manager, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Annoyance - not enough memory???
    ... Open OE and read mail in one of my accounts. ... Worse yet, when I click on the "x" to close it out and restart, it still is running ... according to Windows Task Manager so I have to manually shut it off. ...