Re: 32 Bits or 64

Hi,

I'm using x64 with no problems - it's the future so you may as well go
for it now. Have heard some people have compatibility probs. but that
seems to be with old games they want to keep from a few years back and
the developer doesn't think it's worth updating them.

If you decide to go for the old 32bit system, microsoft do allow a free
"upgrade" to 64 bit - they just charge $10 for postage,etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/compare-editions/64-bit.aspx

Whichever version you go for, *DO NOT BUY A MACHINE UNLESS YOU* *GET
THE FULL INSTALLATION DISC WITH IT* - not some manufacturers "recovery
disc" or "recovery partition".

SIW2

--
SIW2

  • Re: Problems when I tried to do a system recovery with Vista
    ... I don't have the installation disc. ... Windows Anytime Upgrade disc. ... Well, when I initially tried it, it didn't work so then, not thinking this through and not being as familiar with this as I would like to have been, I accidentally rand the Anytime Upgrade CD thinking it was also the recovery CD. ... But it also removed some of my original drives like the memory card drivers, microphone, and maybe the webcam. ...
  • Re: Program Autochk not found - Skipping Autochk ERROR, PLEASE HELP!
    ... it will not load into windows, all ive been able to do is the recovery ... console off of my installation disc. ...
  • WTD: Dell Windows Vista Basic installation disc
    ... Windows Vista Basic installation disc, ... Windows Vista Ultimate installation disc, ... x64 ...
    (uk.adverts.computer)