Re: disc clean up problem

Hi Yorkshire Lass,

When you ran Disk Cleanup, did you have any of the error reporting
items listed in it with large GB size like in this tutorial?

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/175654-disk-cleanup-windows-error-reporting-bug-fix.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

yorkshire lass;824976 Wrote:
Twice, after using Vista clean up, I have had to use the installation
disc to do a repair and Windows has added files , with several restarts
before I can boot up normally. I cannot understand why using the Vista
clean up I should have to do this. Is it me doing somethimng wrong by
doing a clean up when it is not needed or is the Vista clean up facility
too aggresive? How often should I do a clean up and defrag? Grateful for
any help and advice.:confused:

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: Red Xs Instead Of Graphics..
    ... and then click Disk Cleanup. ... Select the drive that you want to clean up and then click OK. ... I use IE6 to delete the Temporary Internet Files. ... The trick to the solution is _why_ does a reboot fix the problem? ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.explorer.ieak)
  • Re: SVCHOST disconnects Modem
    ... I would try HiJackThis and post the log to a forum for advice. ... they do expect you to take steps to clean your computer ... except Disk CleanUp are best run in safe mode. ... > Gerry, I used Ad_Aware and then I downloaded another Shareware one. ...
  • Re: User accounts
    ... your temp files, and do a bit of disk cleanup. ... right click that and click on 'disk cleanup' Just click okay to ... if there are a lot of temp files to clean. ... > account it moves slower and slower and slower until it comes to a halt. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Red Xs Instead Of Graphics..
    ... If you have Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows 2000, use Disk Cleanup to ... Select the drive that you want to clean up and then click OK. ... > I have done a clean uninstall of ZoneAlarm and reinstalled two different ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.explorer.ieak)
  • Re: Slow Opening & Closing Documents
    ... Disk Cleanup may or may not clean the area where you need it to clean. ... Is it the check boxes that are slowing down the doc? ... :>> number of cells used effect performance? ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)