Re: Jerky system performance.

"The Frederick" <TheFrederick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:8BDB0FA9-744B-4408-A94C-BC41C77C33AC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
No idea, it COULD be Firefox 3.0.1, I don't remember having the problem
before I installed it.

Try using System Restore to go back before you remember hitting this problem. I doubt it is Firefox (if Firefox isn't running, it isn't running and shouldn't be effecting the system), but it could of been an update to Windows or another program, like iTunes which have plenty of background craplets.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

  • Re: How to restore deleted file?
    ... For 5 years now I have had system restore turned on only for my Windows ... and another good reason to turn off System Restore on drives ... Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: ... can fully recover the deleted files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP hands in many areas
    ... latest updates to XP. ... I can watch the ball games on Firefox ... You could try a system restore: ...
  • Re: Windows flashing?
    ... |> Think I'll try doing a system restore, and if that doesn't work, I'm ... |> off the Corel newsgroup. ... | I've never seen WordPerfect cause such a problem. ... | Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: ...
  • Re: icanhascheezburger vs. Firefox
    ... prompted to install a Firefox upgrade. ... before I'd installed the Mozilla upgrade and everything worked fine. ... I interpreted "system restore" as a wipe and reinstall. ... installation, and if the installation makes things go haywire, you just ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Vista problems on startup
    ... that and run memory tests for several hours, or to a point when it reports ... such as "the windows vista home premium product ... i know about safe mode and system restore in terms of troubleshooting, ... fact i remember that the first time i had any of this trouble, firefox ...