Re: DVD rw drive not reading!!!!!!!!!!
- From: Malke <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 06:50:25 -0700
You repair computers for a living. Would replacing a laptop optical
drive be a really expensive undertaking? More expensive than buying
an external USB drive?
It depends on the laptop and whether the mftr. still has replacement parts
for that model. Since the OP has Vista and Vista is still fairly new, more
than likely the replacement parts are available (and the laptop may still
be under warranty). The best solution would be to replace the part rather
than use an external USB drive. The data will not move nearly as quickly
(to be burned) over the USB bus as it will using the internal drive.
I had to buy a replacement optical drive from Dell for a laptop that was
more than several years old and IIRC it was around $50. External burners
from NewEgg start at about $55.
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ
- Prev by Date: Re: scedule check disk not responding
- Next by Date: Re: DVD rw drive not reading!!!!!!!!!!
- Previous by thread: Re: DVD rw drive not reading!!!!!!!!!!
- Next by thread: Re: DVD rw drive not reading!!!!!!!!!!