Re: Where is my 3.5 inch floppy?

I don't understand how this issue has so many replies.

If your computer doesn't have a floppy drive, the solutions is to simply BUY A FLOPPY DRIVE.

"Steve Turner" <stevezygote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uTgyjQY7IHA.4652@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am totally new to Vista. I just bought a new computer and it has an OEM version on the HDD.

Well, surprise, surprise! I don't have a 3.5 floppy. I do on my old XP based machine. And I've got a lot of stuff stored on floppies. How can I access this in Vista?

In addition, how can I boot from a floppy in an emergency when there IS not floppy?

Thanks.

  • Re: Where is my 3.5 inch floppy?
    ... Well, surprise, surprise! ... how can I boot from a floppy in an emergency when there IS ... New computers have not come with a floppy drive as ... They have been completely replaced by USB thumbdrives, ...
  • Re: Where is my 3.5 inch floppy?
    ... version on the HDD. ... Well, surprise, surprise! ... I don't have a 3.5 floppy. ... You can't, Ben Stein. ...
  • Re: Where is my 3.5 inch floppy?
    ... Well, surprise, surprise! ... how can I boot from a floppy in an emergency when there IS ... New computers have not come with a floppy drive as ... They have been completely replaced by USB thumbdrives, ...
  • Where is my 3.5 inch floppy?
    ... I just bought a new computer and it has an OEM version on the HDD. ... Well, surprise, surprise! ... How can I access this in Vista? ... how can I boot from a floppy in an emergency when there IS not floppy? ...
  • Re: Where is my 3.5 inch floppy?
    ... Well, surprise, surprise! ... how can I boot from a floppy in an emergency when there IS not floppy? ... Your old XP based machine was supplied at a time when floppies were still seen as having some use.. ... late model XP machines do not have inbuilt floppy drives.. ...