Re: Explorer shutting down

Well I think I have it now... thanks... I was trying to download
software updates and apparently got bit hard by trojans... unbelieveable
as I'm running up to date virus and spyware programs and typically do a
regular scan manually... these managed to sneak right in... It shot me
down for most of the day yesterday... I have no idea what it was exactly
since there were quite a few (30) found... I'd love to get my hands on
the $%#^& who put these things together...

--
jlhawk

  • Re: Explorer shutting down
    ... jlhawk wrote: ... I was trying to download ... software updates and apparently got bit hard by trojans... ...
  • Re: trojan.startup.nameshifter.EW/wingu/EZ
    ... removed most of the spyware and trojans. ... > viruses, ... > download the files and perform a scan in Normal Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Humax updates during October
    ... Software updates will be broadcasting for the following products ... notes will be available 1 week prior to the above dates here" meant that the upgrade would be available from the Humax site a week before the OTA one, however on checking the newest download is still the one from the 4th of August. ... Following the written instructions formats the drive in something called Ext 3, which appears not to be recognised by my PCs Win7 OS also when its recording there is no indication on the box to let you know (my Grundig USB recorder has a record LED, as does my Digifusion PVR) another real bummer is that the files are unplayable on anything else other than the HD-Fox T2, I wouldn't mind if it was merely the HD ones, but it's the SD ones as well, even though they are .TS they refuse to playback with VLC or any other media player, yet strange to relate that if I plug the HDD drive from my Grundig USB recorder all of the recorded Fat 32 MPEG2 files play perfectly OK on the Fox-T2 STB, but not the other way round, the drive isn't recognised. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Trojan.Drooper
    ... It is a generic detection for a Trojan responsible for going out and obtaing other Trojans ... You can use the following Multi AV Command Line Scanner front end utility to scan your ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ... You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: ESET Smart Security
    ... I am now in the process of having my card company take care of it. ... If you've had 5 trojans I would suggest it is the person behind the ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ... download the files and perform a scan in Normal Mode. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)