Re: SVCHOST.exe using a lot of memory

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 20:34:00 -0700, smicale
<smicale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

sysman is not a process running on my machine, it is a service. Do you think
this is still mailware or a virus?

Did you look at the link she gave you??

"Malke" wrote:

smicale wrote:

It appears the problem is with the SysMan service. Does this service need
to be running?

It's not a Windows process and in fact may be a trojan:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=SysMan&btnG=Search

What does a good malware/virus scanning get you? (I don't include OneCare in
that terminology.) Be sure the machine is clean:

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: SVCHOST.exe using a lot of memory
    ... sysman is not a process running on my machine, ... this is still mailware or a virus? ... "Malke" wrote: ...
  • Re: Trojan.Tooso.B Patch
    ... Malke Wrote: ... > scanning engine and the virus pattern files. ... Create a new folder on your Desktop or the C: ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Problem with windows task manager
    ... > Thanks Malke, all things do point to a virus, especially since when i ... > Chenny that i have never seen before, and I did just renew my Norton ... You will probably need to uninstall/reinstall NAV. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Any ideas as to why certain programs will not start
    ... No virus indicated and I have done it via the internet as well. ... "Malke" wrote in message ... >> the icon and the splash screen comes up but nothing happens after. ... >> Other times I can hit the same icon and everything starts up okay. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Stickykeys
    ... > Hi Malke and other readers, ... > I have read about a stickey keys virus carried in microsoft office ... However I have run 3 virus chechers (Norton, Mcafee, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)