Re: CPU Activity

Mike,

This can also be a indication that it is a virus or trojan that could
be causing this. Run a thorough scan with your antivirus program to help
make sure your not infected. You should also scan with the free Spybot
Search & Destroy to help also. You can get it from here:

'The home of Spybot-S&D!'
(http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html)

Next, navigate to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS". You will have
to give permission before you can open the "PRINTERS" folder. Delete
anything that is in that folder. Now, uninstall and reinstall your
printer drivers.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

HuntFisher;786870 Wrote:
Thanks Shawn. Lots of great stuff there.
Print Spooler is again using 48% on the CPU. Step 20 didn't apply, I
didn't
have the "Automatically Search for Network Printer" option available to
uncheck.

Mike.

"Brink" wrote:

Mike,

These items should help increase the performance of your computer.
Step
20 may help with the printer after you enable the Print Spooler
again.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/81176-speed-up-performance-vista.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: file:///c:/bns/new/B_570700.HTM
    ... I kind of tiptoed around this because I did find references to some ... these folder and file names - I would consider it "suspicious activity." ... Time to scan that system with an antivirus program that is up to date with ... its virus definitions and to give it a good going over for malware. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: xp pro Win Explorer wont close opened files
    ... Antivirus program, and see if your problem still happens. ... > If I cut a file from a folder and then paste to say the desktop (or ... > Windows Explorer which for some reason is keeping ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: address book folders?
    ... Did you have an antivirus program running in the background during the ... your install may have been corrupted since the ... option to create Folder is still on the File menu in the Address Book. ...
  • Re: cant send email
    ... there is no "sent" folder. ... i know because im sending my self emails and also sending emails to other ... Which antivirus program are you running? ... compatible with Windows mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Can I hide Program Files for better organization?
    ... Perhaps they are being used by other apps - it doesn't matter. ... antivirus program) that seem to object to being installed in a folder. ... Fortunately most installation programs allow you to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)