Re: error loading

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:04:58 -0700, Malke <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

donotspam wrote:

when i log in i get a message that appears
C:\Users\becky03\appdata\local\temp\efcBsPFu.dll if anyone can help
that would be great

The file is probably malware. If you have recently cleaned up your machine,
your security software (your antivirus perhaps?) removed the malware and
left the reference to it in Startup. If you haven't recently done any
virus/malware scanning, you should.

Be sure the computer is clean:

If you are sure the computer is virus/malware-free, then manage the Startup
entries:

Start Orb>Start Search box>msconfig [enter]

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation,
type the password, or click Continue. Then see what is on the Startup tab.
You don't need to restart immediately, but the next time you do you'll get
a dialog saying you've used the Utility. Usually in Vista this will be
blocked by Windows Defender and you'll need to allow it so you can then
tick the box that says in effect, "don't bother me about this again".

Important - Do not use the System Configuration Utility to stop processes.
Instead, use Start>Run>services.msc [enter] and do not stop any services
unless you really, really know what you're doing.

The free Autoruns program is very useful for managing your Startup -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx - Autoruns

Malke

I thought Vista was impervious to malware??? Should I stick with Windows XP????

Kari

  • RE: RunDLL missing file
    ... You picked up the MyWebSearch toolbar from somewhere. ... the latter) removed the malware. ... So you need to set Windows to not look for this file on Startup. ... this will be blocked by Windows Defender and you'll need to allow it so you ...
  • RE: RunDLL missing file
    ... You picked up the MyWebSearch toolbar from somewhere. ... the latter) removed the malware. ... So you need to set Windows to not look for this file on Startup. ... this will be blocked by Windows Defender and you'll need to allow it so you ...
  • Re: Need advice on RunDll error loading problem...
    ... Now everything else on my laptop is working wonderfully loving my vista ... Either you uninstalled the malware program or your ... You can remove the reference by managing your Startup. ... The free Autoruns program is very useful for managing your Startup - ...
  • Re: host190.216.26.168.maximumasp.com:80 CLOSE_WAIT
    ... startup application/service/driver that is causing the problem. ... Only in safe mode is it fast. ... >> to show 127.0.0.1 for all the common sites for malware help. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: How Do I Fix system32.dll question
    ... Either you uninstalled the malware program or your ... You can remove the reference by managing your Startup. ... I recommend downloading and ... The free Autoruns program is very useful for managing your Startup - ...