Re: scedule check disk not responding

Cottonwoodian wrote:
Pardon my ignorance as I do not know what is a UAC prompt. However I did the command and it stated that the computer would check disk at the next startup. I don't know if it did as after shutting down and starting up the situation appears unresolved. When I attempted system restore the message appeared again stating there is a file system corruption.

What is the next step to repair the computer?

"Frenchy" wrote:

Cottonwoodian wrote:
I lost my wireless and my security program somehow. Attempted to use system restore and received a message that there us a "system curruption on ..C" and to check disk for errors. When attempted a message stated WIndows cannot check disk when running, do I want to check when starting computer. I clicked "Schedule disk check" and nothing happens. After shutting down and restarting the problem remains the same.

How do I proceed to remedy this and get my computer back and restore my wireless and lost security program?
Go to Orb, ALL PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES and then right click on COMMAND PROMPT. Select run as administrator. Say OK to the UAC Prompt.

At the cursor spot type exactly (note space after the K)

CHKDSK /R/F

Say Yes (Y) to run at next start up

Close that box down and do a reboot

It will fix any problems.

You may then need to go back to a restore point from just before the problem started.

Report back, as you may have corrupted some system files and need to do a repair as well

Frenchy

UAC = User Account Control. This is the Popup you get when you go to run many programs or system programs. It's the one you click YES to. Don't tell me you have UAC turned off??

Note Brink has given you a full tutorial on CHKDSK as well, so run through that.

You may have corrupt system restore points. How many have you tried going backwards in time?

Frenchy
.