Re: C drive running out of space

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:10:19 -0700, Stewart
<Stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a similar problem, need to expand my C: while shrinking the D: on my
new Vista (home edition) laptop.
Did anyone try the software Nonny suggested on a Vista box?
Any feedback will be appreciated.

It works. Definitely.

Have you created a recovery DVD using your "D" partition files yet? If
you don't, and you do what you want to do, you're gonna be up shit
creek if you need to run a recovery because your "D" drive is used for
that in the absence of a recovery DVD.

"Nonny" wrote:

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downloads-bootit-next-generation.htm

  • Re: Quest VMCL. OK
    ... "Designed for Vista Premium" logo, and also described as "Media Center ... "Media Center Laptops" might all come with built in Hybrid Analogue/Digital ... for a laptop with Media Center functionality. ... No I did not upgrade my sisters laptop with those hardware drivers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Boot and general performance
    ... Checked out what is starting up and uninstalled any program that I no longer used and adjusted ones I still use to only load what they need when I actually click on them to start. ... I also stand the laptop on a cake stand so that air flow under and around it is maximised. ... so I tried to use SFC /SCANBOOT as I used to on XP but that option doesn't exist for SFC under Vista so I cant reboot and have a windows OS file scan be performed when no file is locked. ... Not daunted I thought about "repair install" which *CAN* be done on my desktop Vista Business if needed with the DVD there but the laptop came with Vista Ultimate 64 bit already installed and with a restore partition on it, no disk, as usual and I cannot actually DO a repair install because of that. ...
  • Re: Which XP to use
    ... so many problems with the display drivers that HP has decided I have a faulty card and is now sending me a brand new laptop to the exact same specs. ... My thought on it is that since I am still going to be getting the Vista OS and the same Nvidia video card, that the problems will still be there. ... Just because the first laptop had defective hardware components or corrupted drivers, this is no indication that the replacement laptop will have the same problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Vista Not Playing Nice - Sharing Files
    ... The Computer Browser service is running on both the desktop and the laptop. ... On the "Show Me All the Files and Folders I am Sharing" link in the Network ... Vista to Vista shouldn't be an issue. ... Vista Permission Issues ...
  • Re: trying to put XP on a new Gateway laptop
    ... for daring to post the truth that not all software runs on vista 64. ... XP boot CD. ... Put original hard drive from the laptop into enclosure. ... To access the SATA hard drive with the XP install CD, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)