Re: SVCHOST.exe using a lot of memory

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 07:21:03 -0700, smicale
<smicale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am seeing a SVCHOST.exe using a about 116,360K of memory on my Vista
machine. I have ran all my ONECare antivirus/spyware tools and nothing is
coming up as a problem. I see that the Super Fetch service seems to be the
one that is hogging all this memory. When I stop that service it releases
the memory. Is this normal? What can I do to fix it? Thanks!

There is nothing abnormal about all the SVCHOST entries you see.

Stopping any service that is running will release some memory. The
trick is to figure out which ones you need and which ones you don't
need.

You can look at Startup in MSCONFIG and disable those items one at a
time (and reboot) to see if you need all of them. And there is more:

http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/servicecfg.htm

http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/supertweaks.htm

Proceed with caution.
.