Re: Restore from System Backup

You're going to have to un-do whatever you did to bump the drive from "G:" to "H:" - if Windows Backup can't find it where the backup where thinks it saved it, the backup will be considered corrupt and unusable.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@xxxxxxxxx

"ScottHarlow" <ScottHarlow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0F4BE9E4-D434-455E-887A-9C3D248EA38F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
About 2 weeks ago I did a full system back up and now I want to restore SOME
of the files from this backup. Whenever I go into the Backup and Restore
Center and attempt to do a Restore files I receive a warning that There are
no backups available on this computer. But, from the main screen I can see
that the last backup was done on 7/7/2008 and was backed up to drive "G".
This is an external hard drive and now when I connect it Windows Vista
(Ultimate) assigns it to drive "H".

  • Re: NTBackup normal backup aborts after single tape
    ... > When you schedule a backup by using the Windows Backup program in ... Windows Backup quits unexpectedly when the ... > backup tape is full. ... > To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support ...
  • Re: NTBackup normal backup aborts after single tape
    ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ... | Subject: Re: NTBackup normal backup aborts after single tape ... |> backup tape is full. ...
  • Re: Help needed - Computer stuff
    ... and settings using the Windows backup system. ... of external drives to chose from. ... it's hard to keep track of your filters. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Help needed - Computer stuff
    ... and settings using the Windows backup system. ... of external drives to chose from. ... the entire city network, which includes all city departments, Police, ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Help needed - Computer stuff
    ... and settings using the Windows backup system. ... of external drives to chose from. ... medium sized city to oversee ...
    (rec.boats)