Re: Restore from System Backup
- From: "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 05:49:39 -0400
You're going to have to un-do whatever you did to bump the drive from "G:" to "H:" - if Windows Backup can't find it where the backup where thinks it saved it, the backup will be considered corrupt and unusable.
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@xxxxxxxxx
* NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
* PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
* The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
"ScottHarlow" <ScottHarlow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0F4BE9E4-D434-455E-887A-9C3D248EA38F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
About 2 weeks ago I did a full system back up and now I want to restore SOME
of the files from this backup. Whenever I go into the Backup and Restore
Center and attempt to do a Restore files I receive a warning that There are
no backups available on this computer. But, from the main screen I can see
that the last backup was done on 7/7/2008 and was backed up to drive "G".
This is an external hard drive and now when I connect it Windows Vista
(Ultimate) assigns it to drive "H".
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- Prev by Date: Re: Solid state disk makes vista slower not faster
- Next by Date: Re: Solid state disk makes vista slower not faster
- Previous by thread: Re: Solid state disk makes vista slower not faster
- Next by thread: Vista Brightness control stops working after resuming from sleep V