Re: Where is my 3.5 inch floppy?

You have many options.

A lot of Vista machines don't have a floppy drive.
The bays are there, so you have the option of installing one if you really want that old tech hooked up to your new machine. Check for a floppy controller first, before you *buy* a drive. The other illiterate couldn't spell 'buy'. In some name-brand machines, there isn't even a controller to hook up a drive cable to.

In that case, you'd have to get the information another way.
Either network the computers, transfer to CD or DVD (Vista originally ONLY came on DVD), or USB key or memory stick.

The floppy bay also conveniently, is the same size as the flash drive interface.
Vista boot disks are DVD or CD. Do a backup!

"Steve Turner" <stevezygote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uTgyjQY7IHA.4652@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am totally new to Vista. I just bought a new computer and it has an OEM version on the HDD.

Well, surprise, surprise! I don't have a 3.5 floppy. I do on my old XP based machine. And I've got a lot of stuff stored on floppies. How can I access this in Vista?

In addition, how can I boot from a floppy in an emergency when there IS not floppy?

Thanks.

.