RE: Hard Drive Partitioning

Would i be able to completely delete the d partition and then extend the c
partition into the empty space?

"cp in arlington" wrote:

i just bought a new laptop and the 140 gig hd came partitioned into (2) 70
gig drives. Is it possible to enlarge the C drive and shrink the D drive at
the same time? Any help is much appreciated.

  • Re: Dual Boot Instructions
    ... If "drive" means a single partition or logical drive, then the negatives you've heard are very true. ... But if "drive" means a physical hard disk drive, then I'm in big trouble because I have SIX versions of Windows installed on my 1 TB Disk 1, my second HDD! ... The name stuck when we added hard disk drives, ...
  • Re: BootIt NG high level steps - best approach??
    ... backup boot strategy. ... As far as BING, I should tell you I've been using this software ... make managing your bootable options and partition management so much easier. ... drives) and the DATA partition on a mirrored array. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Dual Boot Instructions
    ... OS on a separate partition. ... the PHYSICAL DISK number, ... You should, at any one time, see ONE System Partition and ONE Boot ... The name stuck when we added hard disk drives, ...
  • Re: Dual booting
    ... of Microsoft's dual boot scenario. ... The extended partition is not assigned a drive letter, ... BIOS reserves letters A and B for floppy drives, ... If WinXP Setup ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Dual XP boot obstacle
    ... re-copy my C partition to E., ... After some basic house-keeping I ran Drive Image 2002 Copy Drives ... namely having a copy of C in E, allowing an alternative immediate boot ... the Aumha Forum to use the Restore Image facility to get what I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)