Re: Need help with SP1 install problem

I have done all that and still get error code 8024200D

"Phillips" wrote:

Try pulling out and uninstall from Device Manager whatever hardware you do
not need (USB k-board, mouse, BTooth devices, webcam, external USB ports,
sound-card etc); while in Dev Mgr see what hardware issues you might have
(yellow"!" sign). Check to have the latest BIOS and chipset drivers.

If this fails, uninstall programs that are incompatible w/ SP1 - check MS
site for a list of such programs.

Michael

"Quiksilver" <Quiksilver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Still have not got a solution to this if anyone can help still pls

and yes I have been e-mailing the sp1 support who don't know or maybe just
don't care.

"Ben" wrote:

It's same with my situation.
I think I'm getting desperate with Windows Vista, yet I've been
reinstalled
my OS twice since I bought this software! There is no support answering
this
problem.

"Pete in NM" wrote:

Here's my situation. I bought a custom gaming PC about a year ago and
it came
with Vista Home Premium 32bit. Since SP1 was released, I've tried
several
times to install it both through Windows Update and manually but it
always
fails. I looked at the information in the Knowledgebase article about
the
error message I was getting and it suggested running a system scan
utility
through the command line interface which I did. The utility said that
it
fixed some files but I had corrupted files that it was not able to
repair.

I went out and bought an upgrade version of Vista Home Premium that
contained SP1 thinking I could just upgrade it as a workaround. No
dice, the
upgrade option is disabled unless you already have SP1 installed. It
will
only let me do a clean install. This brings me to my first question. If
I do
the clean install, it's going to format my HD right? I'll have to
reinstall
all my software?

My second question is, does anybody know how I can get SP1 to install
on my
current installation? Any way to find and repair those supposedly
corrupt
files?

Thanks in advance

.