Re: Need help with SP1 install problem

I have done all that and still get error code 8024200D

"Phillips" wrote:

Try pulling out and uninstall from Device Manager whatever hardware you do
not need (USB k-board, mouse, BTooth devices, webcam, external USB ports,
sound-card etc); while in Dev Mgr see what hardware issues you might have
(yellow"!" sign). Check to have the latest BIOS and chipset drivers.

If this fails, uninstall programs that are incompatible w/ SP1 - check MS
site for a list of such programs.

Michael

"Quiksilver" <Quiksilver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Still have not got a solution to this if anyone can help still pls

and yes I have been e-mailing the sp1 support who don't know or maybe just
don't care.

"Ben" wrote:

It's same with my situation.
I think I'm getting desperate with Windows Vista, yet I've been
reinstalled
my OS twice since I bought this software! There is no support answering
this
problem.

"Pete in NM" wrote:

Here's my situation. I bought a custom gaming PC about a year ago and
it came
with Vista Home Premium 32bit. Since SP1 was released, I've tried
several
times to install it both through Windows Update and manually but it
always
fails. I looked at the information in the Knowledgebase article about
the
error message I was getting and it suggested running a system scan
utility
through the command line interface which I did. The utility said that
it
fixed some files but I had corrupted files that it was not able to
repair.

I went out and bought an upgrade version of Vista Home Premium that
contained SP1 thinking I could just upgrade it as a workaround. No
dice, the
upgrade option is disabled unless you already have SP1 installed. It
will
only let me do a clean install. This brings me to my first question. If
I do
the clean install, it's going to format my HD right? I'll have to
reinstall
all my software?

My second question is, does anybody know how I can get SP1 to install
on my
current installation? Any way to find and repair those supposedly
corrupt
files?

Thanks in advance

  • Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 upgrade nightmare?
    ... Told them I had no problems updating until SP1 was done funny thing is even after not being able to install it after a number of tries it was still installing the new ones coming in. ... But even going to the site and doing the download I got the error 5 and when using the disks I got 0x0. ... I got error code 5 and error codes 0x0 and when they deciphered the CBS log I sent they said they found an error 80070002. ...
  • Re: Office 2007 SP1 update error code 78F
    ... I've been following the various threads on update error code 78F over the ... running fine until the Office 2007 SP1 was released ...including one Office ... SP1 update directly from the MS website, "repair" Office from the disc then ... install the update, insert the Office disc while trying to install the ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Windows Update KB936330 Windows Vista SP1 fails error code 8004131
    ... Error Code 0x8024200D is: ... Things to know before you download Windows Vista SP1 ... Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 ...
  • RE: Vista service pack1 update error code 800B0100
    ... Update did not provide the SP1 dont worry GUYS.. ... VISTA, SP1 is a result of customer feedback to microsoft and therefore all ... also you can go to this link to get further knowledge before you install the ... I keep getting error code 800B0100 ** No sigmature ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: advanced programming unix environment
    ... I would appreciate if somebody else running freebsd 7.0 could download source and see if it makes fine on their installation. ... *** Error code 1 ... be unable to log in as root in any way, ... After the initial install I was able to log ...
    (freebsd-questions)