Control panel

When I try to open my control panel I get the following message.

Window exployer has stopped working
( Followed by )
Windows is checking for a solution to the problem
( Followed by )
Windows explower is resarting

Then it sends me to the desktop.?
Has anyone a fix for this?

--
Candella

  • Re: control panel = folder
    ... I got to control panel and there is one there. ... I'm not looking so much for a fix, ... Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the ... Download/Install the latest Windows Installer: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Control Panel Missing from Setting Menu
    ... Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User] ... Be sure to backup the branch the registry key before deleting. ... Control Panel has somehow been deleted. ... I can't do a system restore either for some reason. ...
  • Re: Control Panel Missing from Setting Menu
    ... Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User] ... Be sure to backup the branch the registry key before deleting. ... Control Panel has somehow been deleted. ... I can't do a system restore either for some reason. ...
  • Re: Control Panel Missing from Setting Menu
    ... Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User] ... Be sure to backup the branch the registry key before deleting. ... Control Panel has somehow been deleted. ... I can't do a system restore either for some reason. ...
  • Re: win explorer restarts when i try to open control panel
    ... Glad that Control Panel works now. ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... On the Version tab. ... The corresponding Control Panel item opens. ...