Re: Search Problem

"meerkat" <meerkat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:34D96FA2-F658-4E66-B75B-FF47B7C14294@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Actually, the most important documents it won't search are the .rtf. All my
documents were created using Works or Word. The .rtf and .wps blocks are both
checked in the indexing list. This Vista won't search any of the document
contents except .pdf. I emailed one to my daughter, and her Vista system
searches it with no problem. We're wondering if I installed a Word program on
the computer if it might then recognize them. I currently only have the Works
that came with it. I just don't know what to think.

Hi meerkat. Wordpad will open .rtf files, not sure about wps.

By the way, you`ve pinched my name !
Best wishes meerkat.

  • Re: OpenOffice
    ... word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and graphic drawing ... Can I assume it'll open .rtf files? ... Patti tried to open one on Vista ... I tried it out once and found out in the spreadsheet app, ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Converting INF files to PDF
    ... to convert them to PDF or RTF? ... I think Kevin did BOO-PDF... ... Vista may not like X-viewer... ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware)
  • Converting INF files to PDF
    ... Is there a weg to convert them to PDF or RTF? ... I think Kevin did BOO-PDF... ... Vista may not like X-viewer... ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware)
  • Re: Converting INF files to PDF
    ... to convert them to PDF or RTF? ... Vista may not like X-viewer... ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware)