Re: CPU Activity

In step 5, it will have all of the programs and processes listed that
are using the CPU and by what percentage.

HuntFisher;781346 Wrote:
Thanks Shawn.
I have looked into your suggestion but I may have missed something or
not
known what I was looking for. It does seem that something is running in
the
background. Now I need to identify.

Mike.

"Brink" wrote:

Hi HuntFisher,

I would use the Resource Monitor to see what programs and processes
are
using the CPU to see if there is anything that you can close or
change
settings for it. This tutorial below will show you how to if needed.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/111020-resource-monitor.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

HuntFisher;781331 Wrote:> > > > >
Since I started using Vista Home Premium my CPU when my computer is
idle
would run at 2-3 %. Now at idle it runs at 50-60%.
What would cause this?> > > >

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: CPU Activity
    ... I would use the Resource Monitor to see what programs and processes are ... using the CPU to see if there is anything that you can close or change ... *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask ... *Please post feedback to help others.* ...
  • Re: Disc Cleanup Error?
    ... I don't believe the partition or the other drive should factor into the ... If it is misreporting is there a fix for this? ... *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask ... *Please post feedback to help others.* ...
  • Re: Disappearing Icons on start menu
    ... good point took it back to before 3 windows updates were applied - hey ... Hey Brink, ... *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask ... *Please post feedback to help others.* ...
  • Re: Texas Hold Em Vista Ultimate Extra
    ... You might see if running a "sfc /scannow" command can fix ... I'm running a Vista Ultimate system. ... *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask ... *Please post feedback to help others.* ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)
  • Re: Right click disabled itself- how do I undo?
    ... this will how you how to reverse them back to normal. ... *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask ... *Please post feedback to help others.* ...