Re: Disable the secutiry center alert for the UAC only?

Hello Niklas, and welcome to Vista Forums.

The tutorial has been updated with Option One to disable the Security
Center alert for only UAC.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/163857-security-center-specific-alert-notification.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

niklas;780677 Wrote:
HI.

I am new here an have checked out the tutorials section for the last
weeks.
I have disabled the UAC or actually i have Elevated Administrators UAC
Privilege with this tutorial:
'_http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/80938-user-account-control-uac-elevate-privilege-level.html_'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/80938-user-account-control-uac-elevate-privilege-level.html)

So now this security center tells me that the uac is disabled and so
on, and my question is, how can i turn off this specific alert so that i
will be alerted by the security center for everything else except for
uac part. I looked at this tutorial:
'_http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/163857-security-center-specific-alert-notification.html_'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/163857-security-center-specific-alert-notification.html)

But it is only shown for spyware antivirus and firewall, not for the
uac part.

I want the security center to work as i usually does just that the
alert telling me uac is switched off, does not alert me any more.

Any one of you can help me?

Thanks for answeres.

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Disable the secutiry center alert for the UAC only?
    ... I am new here an have checked out the tutorials section for the last ... I have disabled the UAC or actually i have Elevated Administrators UAC ... So now this security center tells me that the uac is disabled and so ... alert telling me uac is switched off, does not alert me any more. ...
  • Re: Is MS being pressured to retract the UAC feature from the next
    ... UAC protects you from software that you implicitly trust. ... Numerous people are fooled into downloading and installing malware that masquerades as security software. ... Vista UAC, security exposes many of the "hidden" uses/users of administrator level rights and/or attempts to access network resources. ...
  • Re: UAC changes in Windows 7
    ... A more clever solution for securing the white-list would be to use a prompt (similar to UAC, trusted certificate installation, unsigned driver installation, running downloaded files) whenever a program is appended to this list that would alert the user only once and he/she could be free of unnecessary UAC prompts for the rest of his/her life. ... If the file is updated legitimately the installer would be able to update this hash as well but a malicious software using a security hole may not be able to do that. ... The change we made in Windows 7 default UAC settings is that any operation that is necessary to manage windows will not require an elevation - which in technical terms translates into a white list of trusted action / binaries which the user can make perform without UAC prompting from an elevation. ...
  • Re: Security Issues
    ... My users have the possibility of choosing whatever folder he or she ... Konversation: Security Issues ... If I start the app manually, UAC darkens the screen and asks me if I ... admin account. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Seltsamer Prozess der svchost lastet CPU aus - Virus?
    ... UAC plays defense against Malware ... Es ist keine "Security Boundary", ... Experte" sondern wohl einer der besten Kenner von Windows, ...
    (de.comp.security.misc)