Re: restore

bayoulady1979;779511 Wrote:
what can i do about the fact that i cant do a restore i have tried
different
restore points and every time it tells me system restore did not
complete
successfully your computer system files and settings were not changed
details 0x80070005
you might what to try a different restore time

well i have tried a few different ones and keep getting same message
Hello,
Go to Safe mode, do your system restore there.
Safe mode : Power off. Power on, quickly and continously tap F8 key
until you see the black/white screen. Scroll to safe mode. Press Enter.
You are now on Safe Mode.

--
t-4-2

  • Re: files suddenly gone
    ... settings not microsoft settings! ... What you get when you try Safe Mode? ... I'd try using System Restore in Safe Mode. ... makes sure that the Help and Support feature ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: HELP! Memory Dump! BSOD! Rebooting ALL the time!
    ... Malware will target System Restore. ... Nan wrote: ... I couldn't access Event Viewer error either under safe mode ... What happens when you try to access Event Viewer eror reports? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: files suddenly gone
    ... settings not microsoft settings! ... What you get when you try Safe Mode? ... I'd try using System Restore in Safe Mode. ... makes sure that the Help and Support feature ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: redirected from an MSN link
    ... It is suggested that you execute each tool in Normal Mode then in Safe Mode. ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown ... System restore will not work in either safe or normal mode. ... When the machine boots I get the error message "there was a problem ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: start up problems; f8, safe mode and BIOS....oh my!
    ... Database Developer ... Once your computer boots into Safe Mode you have many options. ... You can use System Restore to return your computer to a restore point made just before you installed the updates. ... Everytime I enter my admin password, it loads the settings, flashes my desktop, then saves the settings and logs me off. ...