Re: Task Manager for Windows Home and Student - vista OS

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:22:01 -0700, Jennie
<Jennie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

My Task Manager lately has taken on an entirely new look and feel - and I
don't like it at all - there is no way to shut it down with out closing out
the whole system... the end process doesn't function - and it just plain
sucks - is there some way of getting the old Task manager back - because this
is not an improvement - the TM is blocking my vision - it wont close - and I
have been trying system restore to no avail of it reversing itself - HELP
HELP HELP...

You're running in what's called "Small Footprint Mode." To change back
and forth from this mode to regular mode, just double-click on the
border.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

  • Re: SP2
    ... it's saying my Windows Security Center is turned off. ... use ctrl+alt+del keys together to open the task manager ... if works fine in safe mode then can create a new ... if issue still persits then need to perform system restore ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SP2
    ... "Muss" wrote: ... it's saying my Windows Security Center is turned off. ... use ctrl+alt+del keys together to open the task manager ... if issue still persits then need to perform system restore ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Slow Drives
    ... Have you tried a system restore back to an earlier time? ... Have you checked your task manager to see if one particular file is using up ... As a last resort do a windows repair but you will have to reinstall all the ... done a full virus scan. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: SP2
    ... "Muss" wrote: ... use ctrl+alt+del keys together to open the task manager ... if works fine in safe mode then can create a new ... if issue still persits then need to perform system restore ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SP2
    ... I got the safe mode version of my desktop to come up. ... use ctrl+alt+del keys together to open the task manager ... if issue still persits then need to perform system restore ... Try entering your account in Safe Mode, and also create another account and ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)