Re: 30% Defragmention
- From: "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:11:08 -0400
"trebla" <trebla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C95CFF08-26A1-48AD-8740-4B07F1766ED8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've got a new PC with Vista Home Premium installed.I have 30% of
defragmented files on my C Drive.I have tried a couple of different Defrag
utilities on it O&O,Perfect Disk etc and after a Defrag run the 30% of
defragmented files are still there.Also tried offline Defrag runs with the
same result.When I was using XP Pro with the same programs the
defragmentation level was usually between 3 to 7%.
I believe Microsoft state that NTFS formatted disks don't need Defragging.
If Microsoft really believed that NTFS disks never needed defragging, they would not have included a Defragmenter in Vista..
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..
How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
Mike's Window - My Blog..
- Prev by Date: Re: control panel
- Next by Date: Re: control panel
- Previous by thread: Re: 30% Defragmention
- Next by thread: Re: 30% Defragmention