Re: control panel

bassomi;62598 Wrote:
control panel & security center & shairing center not working ...

Meaning, do you get a blank white window?

IF SO, it could possibly be a script problem, and you may have to
re-register some dll's. Try to re-register the following dll files in
System32 folder. If you don't find the files, then try to extract then
from your Vista setup DVD and copy them to System32 folder first.
vbscript.dll
jscript.dll
mshtml.dll
How to Register / Un-register dll's can be found on 'this'
(http://www.winvistaclub.com/etc.html) page.

This usually happens after a malware attack. As suggested above, do run
your anti virus and anti spyware again.

--
HappyAndyK

www.WinVistaClub.com
HappyAndyK's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=4
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14935

  • Re: Still having auto-update problems?
    ... What I did discover was that when trying to re-register the file qmgr.dll I was getting the message "loadlibraryfailed - invalid access to memory location". ... When I searched for the qmgl.dll file I discovered 2 versions, one in the System32 folder and another in the System32/bits folder, both with different dates. ... There are a number of Google hits to Experts-Exchange and I am wondering if it is worth buying the answer? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Security Settings for XP
    ... I don't know what happens really, sometimes the dll files need to be registered. ... > Not sure if you understood, but your tip to re-register ... > Adaware wasn't common on all three PC's, nor was Zone Alarm, although NAV was. ... > Explorer, and MSN Messenger only that couldn't connect, and one three ...
  • Re: Importing Text error
    ... DLL files. ... If the import/export wizards don't work at all, re-register ACCWIZ.DLL ... Drag the DLL file's icon onto the regsvr32.exe icon. ... And the wizard stops. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Re: Error message on export
    ... The first thing to try is re-registering some DLL files. ... If it's one or more file formats that aren't listed, re-register the ... John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Re: Exporting data from Access97 to .txt file
    ... > Try re-registering the DLL files below. ... > If the import/export wizards don't work at all, or if you get "No object ... > If it's one or more file formats that aren't listed, re-register the ... > John Nurick ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)