Re: Bluescreen

h8k wrote:
Hi Charlie Tame, thx for your reply! It started a few days after I
updated the driver from the nvidia page (175.19 WHQL). I also read about
IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by Kaspersky, but it also started weeks after
I upgraded to Kaspersky 2009. I didn't change anything right before
this problem started...

Well I have heard that incorrect NVidia driver install can leave you with half and half, new parts and old parts. I cannot confirm that, but I can confirm that sometimes, for no obvious reason, and install will give bad results unless done under "Clean" conditions. You can't get much cleaner than after a fresh reboot. I probably should add to that that AV software should be turned off while this is done, I have never needed to do that but perhaps if you try reinstalling then Kaspersky should be put on hold.

You will get people say "I have never had to do that" and I'm sure that is true, you can for sure "Get away" with other methods sometimes.

  • Re: Bluescreen
    ... updated the driver from the nvidia page (175.19 WHQL). ... I upgraded to Kaspersky 2009. ...
  • Re: Deleting the System Volume Information folder
    ... After my struggles with Kaspersky ... This board has two connections, ... at the driver level, then there might be no ETH0 present. ... then nothing can populate the "Network Config" ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: SetWindowsHookEx Question.
    ... clients(one driver guru told me that Kaspersky NDIS IM driver had some ... P.S. IM have to pass MS WHQL to be signed opposite to protocol, ... inexperienced for making educated choice, so it is better to hide this ...
  • Re: Re:TDI Driver - Event ID 6004 - Packet Received from I/O Subsystem Failed
    ... this problem at one point with their TDI driver. ... Are you sure there is no third-party AV/PF/FW software on the target machine? ... For example,one of my clients had TDI driver that worked just fine, ... Kaspersky was around, the driver could not capture TDI_CONNECT requests). ...