Re: Vista download problems

Try a downloader - there's plenty of free ones on the web - and see if it solves the issue. You can try Firefox or other browser as well. IE does not d/load files in certain conditions: "if a website tries to download files to your computer without your permission or if you requested a file but the download did not start immediately."
Michael

"Jeri5701" <Jeri5701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:205E0560-83FF-435C-A691-FB2F552346A0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I can't seem to receive any downloads. Everytime I try to download something
from the internet, my computer goes through the act of downloading but I
can't seem to find it. Even when I give the download a specific destination,
it never shows up. Do I have a setting wrong somewhere ? Please help, I'm
going crazy!

  • Re: Internet slowed way down
    ... >> Firefox browser, just as slow. ... >> normal speed on the internet. ... > Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: WWOT: Firefox 3.5.1 and youtube - Help!
    ... I play Youtube videos on my Firefox all the time. ... load it is slow to download, ... It never happens if I switch to IE browser. ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • Re: Cross browser question
    ... If you are serious about building sites, I heartily recommend looking at Serif's WebPlus. ... In addition to David's suggestion to download Firefox, ... I have been made aware through a few people that some links and formatting are not working in Firefox. ... Firstly, does anyone here have different types of browsers that they could check out my site on and tell me how bad it is in each type of browser. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: apache/perl confusion/weirdness - analog
    ... restarting both Apache and the browser between tests. ... under Firefox. ... rendering plaintext, would behave differently - the first works, while ... download" thing, which I had thought was a server property. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Re: Script to tell if .Net is installed or not.
    ... we use Firefox as our ... > You can do that...as long as the browser is IE, ... >> local computers or not so they are never sure if they should take the ... >> time to download .Net only to find out that is already installed. ...