Re: Constant computer freeze

YEs..

Ideally, you should install XP on to it's partition, then Vista. Installing XP after Vista will "remove" the Vista bootloader leaving you with XP. If you've done this in reverse order, like I did, then you can get Vista BCD Pro for XP and that should allow you to dual boot.

make sure you don't have any viruses. trojan.vundo made vista freeze and crash a lot.

"Opiate46" <Opiate46@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:59191AA3-837F-4F64-904D-F70589A08CCC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ok cool I'll give that a shot. Is there a way to set up my PC to dual-boot
either XP or Vista? I'm not too savvy on that. I just installed XP again and
everything seems to be running fine. All hardware drivers are installed and
no freezes.

"Steve Thackery" wrote:

I agree with Rick Rogers - this sounds just like a hardware problem. As
well as the things he suggests, it could be overheating. I'd check all the
fans are running.

SteveT

  • Re: clubbing of windows vista and windows server2008 in a single boota
    ... I am not sure if you can go clubbing with Vista or Windows 2008 ... rather than being an 'installer', ... John Pritchard how it all works and got some surprising answers. ... Imaging (.WIM) file, which is basically our operating system folders ...
  • clubbing of windows vista and windows server2008 in a single boota
    ... i want to club the windows vista and windows server 2008 in a single bootable ... Vista DVD? ... can you build a custom Vista install DVD that doesn’t ... John Pritchard how it all works and got some surprising answers. ...
  • Re: Format again
    ... specs to see if it can handle Vista. ... and I want to reformat my hard disk and re-install Windows XP ... and update it with a Vista upgrade which my good lady brought ... Instead of performing a clean install of XP, ...
  • Re: corrupted profiles and much more
    ... I'm running Vista SP 1 x64 on HP/Compaq 8510w ... This is a clean install with only the OS, updates from Windows Update, most ... However all was not related to SP1rc and Norton. ... in Windows Local Security Policies and HP PRotectTools. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: upgrade c: from pata to sata with vista ultimate 64bit upgrade dis
    ... "How to Clean Install Windows Vista with Upgrade Media ... When I began inquiring into various Windows Vista installation options late last year, Microsoft and its representative grew quiet and seemed to begin selectively answering my questions. ...