Re: Unsolvable?

"Operating system not found" is your computers way of saying it can't find a drive to boot from. See if there are any CDs, DVDs, or floppys in the drives. - remove them and restart.

If you can get to the BIOS, check the drive order.

Find someone with a bootable disk (hopefully the same OS as yours) to test your computer, before going to hardware.

- sneaky old tech support.

"joaboo" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e1d83e7c0c46265ce2ffd38be6d5794d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have bought a neat little laptop 3rd hand.
It has no disc, back up, restore point (i know i know!)
I have used it for a few weeks without any problems.
I *-think-* it may have been knocked by one of the kids and now I can't
get into vista.
Infact I can't get to anything!
Please help, I'm a complete tech~virgin :o

On power up it flashes up with "press f2 or f11" then it turns off an
on repeatedly?
I managed to get to a "report this problem" ( I don't know how?) and it
said that the operating system could not be found.

Any ideas?
Anyone?

--
joaboo

  • Re: Good Deal on a Computer?
    ... >> operating system with no visible performance improvement, ... With all the work I do on my own computers and those of my ... >>>bought new computers and they all had relatively large hard drives ... If you're converting from vinyl to CD, ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: The strangeness called `sbin
    ... The user runs `make installworld', but it will simply print a message, ... This structure is making the so called operating system areas a real ... When the root logs out, the /root drive will be removable. ... drives in their user definitions) and mount them by using their specified ...
    (freebsd-arch)
  • Re: The strangeness called `sbin
    ... The user runs `make installworld', but it will simply print a message, ... This structure is making the so called operating system areas a real ... When the root logs out, the /root drive will be removable. ... drives in their user definitions) and mount them by using their specified ...
    (freebsd-arch)
  • Re: Wikileaks, secondary effects
    ... Another 1 minute to install a driver, ... Oddly enough computers have a loop attached to the access panel to slip ... I guess these aren't your standard home computers from Dell or HP, ... The article works on the assumption that thumb drives still work, ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: Report this spam to: groups-abuse@google.com
    ... Google groups is simply a node on the usenet network, ... I almost forgot the two Metrodata computers I used at a CATV headend ... I repaired hundreds of Commodore computers them ... 1581 ROM from early Commodore disk drives. ...
    (sci.electronics.misc)