Re: VISTA updates on Vaio

Hi,

Sounds like you've done all that you are going to be able to do. If it's under warranty, contact Sony for support. Otherwise take it to a good technician for assistance in diagnosing the hardware error. It may or may not be related to the updates, possibly just coincidental.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Spaniel Jasper" <SpanielJasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1C7B27A1-152E-47D9-B8C5-2FB7E6C83593@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I installed the updates that I received last Saturday on my vaio running
Vista SP1. On restart it took about half an hour to shut down and it now no
longer starts. There is apparently a fatal I/O hardware error not allowing
windows to start. I can't even start in safe mode, I've gone back to previous
restore points and can't re-install Vista. Anyone experienced this problem
with updates or any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Kevin

.