Re: VISTA updates on Vaio

Hi,

Sounds like you've done all that you are going to be able to do. If it's under warranty, contact Sony for support. Otherwise take it to a good technician for assistance in diagnosing the hardware error. It may or may not be related to the updates, possibly just coincidental.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Spaniel Jasper" <SpanielJasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1C7B27A1-152E-47D9-B8C5-2FB7E6C83593@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I installed the updates that I received last Saturday on my vaio running
Vista SP1. On restart it took about half an hour to shut down and it now no
longer starts. There is apparently a fatal I/O hardware error not allowing
windows to start. I can't even start in safe mode, I've gone back to previous
restore points and can't re-install Vista. Anyone experienced this problem
with updates or any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Kevin

  • Re: Auto update only works on Vista updates not other products
    ... the administrator ... Did you install Vista SP1 via Windows Update or manually? ... Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed Vista SP1? ... updates I tryed clicking on get updates for more products because I was ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Help!.. Vista AutoUpdate failure
    ... Re-enable Automatic Updates and select the Notify Only option (no updates will download OR install w/out your approval). ... Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available at no charge through 18 Mar-09 ... MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Ms wondows update............ It wont update!!!
    ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ... wont work its keeps saying i have 21 important updates which includes SP2 at the end of the update its always say the same thing "windows updates enountered an unknown error" the 2 error codes are:Code 490 and code 80070490 both mean nothing too me, if someone out there could help with this as its driving me a little crazymany thanks in advance(my op system is vista home premium sp1) im guesing you might need this info. ...
  • Re: Vista coming through SBS 2003 WSUS R2?
    ... out how it works so I've been waiting. ... Are you asking about Vista SP1 availability through WSUS? ... updates that this could, theoretically, replace. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Backing up Windows Update
    ... Actually, that might be a good thing: After the format & reinstall, you'll only have to install any Vista SP1 Prerequisite updates and then Vista SP1. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)