Re: VISTA updates on Vaio

Sounds like you've done all that you are going to be able to do. If it's under warranty, contact Sony for support. Otherwise take it to a good technician for assistance in diagnosing the hardware error. It may or may not be related to the updates, possibly just coincidental.

Best of Luck,

Windows help -
My thoughts

"Spaniel Jasper" <SpanielJasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1C7B27A1-152E-47D9-B8C5-2FB7E6C83593@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I installed the updates that I received last Saturday on my vaio running
Vista SP1. On restart it took about half an hour to shut down and it now no
longer starts. There is apparently a fatal I/O hardware error not allowing
windows to start. I can't even start in safe mode, I've gone back to previous
restore points and can't re-install Vista. Anyone experienced this problem
with updates or any advice would be appreciated.