Re: Main user account slower than other accounts...what gives?

After I bought my computer I noticed there was a lot of "disk activity"
even while I wasn't using the computer. I would leave it on all night
and let all of the indexing and miscellaneous services run their
course. Guy de Montmorency-Laval had mentioned that Vista is self
tuning and I agree that over time it will subside. There is a great
gadget I use called Top Processes. It will show you everything that is
currently using memory and processor usage.

I have my page file set at 3GB so I don't think 4GB is too much. Do you
have a lot of scheduled tasks running in the background(virus scans,
automatic backups, defrag...etc.)?

--
KCMichaelB
.