side by side error

First off, I have not installed anything recently (windows update might
have, but I have not added any new programs), I am running vista 64
business.

Whenever I run my computer now, I am unable to run virtually any
program. For some reason internet explorer 64, my sidebar and some
windows apps work, but for the most part nothing will run. The error
that I get is a side by side configuration error.
After reading here and scouring the internet I ran sxstrace.exe and
while it finds tons of errors it cant fix them, even when run in safe
mode with elevated privileges.

I then downloaded vcredlist to fix the issue, but unfortunately it is
an .exe and wont run. Now, rolling back to a previous state doesnt fix
the problem, and I cant do a repair install because I dont have access
to a disk, and cant burn my .iso due to the whole cant run any programs
issue.

Any ideas for how I can fix the computer to run more than just basic
functionality>? Any help is appreciated.

--
srrehak

  • Re: Crap SP3 update
    ... Windows Update now fail. ... have tried all the tricks to fix the problem that worked for me ... I will NOT install SP3 on any of our machines at the office because ... If it asks you to install anything before you see a selection of "Custom" ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: IE 8 - Manage Addons - Does not have WuWeb Active X control li
    ... The Fixit 50202: Aggressive mode ran but did not fix the problem. ... So the Windows Update problem started when you had AVG installed: ... would NOT install. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: IE 8 - Manage Addons - Does not have WuWeb Active X control li
    ... I was able to try the fix below a little earlier than expected. ... FixIt 50202 - Mode agressive ... So the Windows Update problem started when you had AVG installed: ... would NOT install. ...
    ... When you say running the Fix It in, e.g., Aggressive mode "fails," do you mean the Fix It won't run/you cannot run it or the Fix It doesn't correct the problem? ... there's a very good chance that MSE did not install properly and is not working properly. ... "MrSoftware" wrote: ... So the Windows Update problem started when you had AVG installed: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Big Problem with XP Professional
    ... It did not fix the ... half my programs were gone or missing files. ... it I cant get to the update page, I cant install even a downloaded version ... it manually so that wont fix it to install a clean install. ...