side by side error

First off, I have not installed anything recently (windows update might
have, but I have not added any new programs), I am running vista 64
business.

Whenever I run my computer now, I am unable to run virtually any
program. For some reason internet explorer 64, my sidebar and some
windows apps work, but for the most part nothing will run. The error
that I get is a side by side configuration error.
After reading here and scouring the internet I ran sxstrace.exe and
while it finds tons of errors it cant fix them, even when run in safe
mode with elevated privileges.

I then downloaded vcredlist to fix the issue, but unfortunately it is
an .exe and wont run. Now, rolling back to a previous state doesnt fix
the problem, and I cant do a repair install because I dont have access
to a disk, and cant burn my .iso due to the whole cant run any programs
issue.

Any ideas for how I can fix the computer to run more than just basic
functionality>? Any help is appreciated.

--
srrehak
.