Re: help.my monitor is blank on laptop after i switch it on.

Hi,

Probably too late for you, but no you don't need to hit the FN key, just the F8 key. This is done immediately after the initial system POST or manufacturer logo/splash screen, and before Windows begins to load.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"shani" <shani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:CEB12E87-0BAF-4327-81B9-C1F4CA4F0B89@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi rick,
do i need to press the FN button at the same time? ive been trying teh F
keys but not like you said. I have 2 hours to get it sorted before he is
home!!! fingers crossed.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Hi,

Try hitting F8 as soon as the system first initializes to get the boot menu,
then choose safe mode. If that starts ok, then restart the system normally
from there.

--

.