Re: Local Area Connection Must Be Reset

Thanks for a prompt answer but the suggested fix doesn't work with me. The picture I get on the Network and Sharing Center is of greyed out "Multiple Networks" between my PC and the Internet Globe, with the yellow triangle on the line from PC to Networks. Below that are listed two Networks, the second one "unidentified". Of course there is really only one Network, ie the modem. Once I've cliked the Reset Local Area Connection choice the second, unidentified, Network goes away.

"Rick Rogers" <rick@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:On9eEyZ5IHA.1176@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Open an elevated command prompt and run the following:

ipconfig /release
netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /renew

Then close the prompt (exit) and restart the system.

To open an elevated prompt, click start and type CMD. Right click the entry that appears in the start menu and choose 'run as administrator'. Click 'continue' at the UAC prompt.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jay Cee" <jay---ceex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%236YWOUZ5IHA.1176@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vista Ultimate. ADSL modem. Connection by ethernet. A new problem has come up. Every time I boot in now the Local Area Connection is blocked with a yellow exclamation triangle on the line between PC and Network, ie modem, in Network and Sharing Center) and I get the multiple choice repair message box after clicking that triangle. The problem is fixed after clicking Reset Local Area Connection and the Internet connection is then established. This is very clunky. Is there a way I can get that reset to be permanent?

  • Re: IPC$ Problem
    ... >to enter a password to connect to IPC$. ... There's no correct response to the IPC$ prompt. ... Run the Network Setup Wizard on the XP computer, ... Enable the Guest account for network access by typing this line at ...
  • Re: mdw Network issue?
    ... Does Access actually open, and then they get this prompt, or is it before ... Access opens? ... > All of the network drives are set on log on using an NT ... > When i open acces (no command line parameters)it is now ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Access denied ! Shouldnt XP ask for username & password inste
    ... Disabling the Windows XP login prompt for password ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... Assuming computer A username is called Auser and computer B has Buser. ...
  • Re: "Network Configuration Operators" & SP2
    ... > Prior to SP2 I had added my users to the local "Network Configuration ... > command prompt. ... I was not prompted to reboot. ...
  • Re: Normal.dot default does not stay
    ... On the Save tab of Tools | Options, do you have "Prompt to save Normal ... Is this a freestanding computer, or are you on a network? ... "George" wrote in message ... > margins. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)