Re: Local Area Connection Must Be Reset

Thanks for a prompt answer but the suggested fix doesn't work with me. The picture I get on the Network and Sharing Center is of greyed out "Multiple Networks" between my PC and the Internet Globe, with the yellow triangle on the line from PC to Networks. Below that are listed two Networks, the second one "unidentified". Of course there is really only one Network, ie the modem. Once I've cliked the Reset Local Area Connection choice the second, unidentified, Network goes away.

"Rick Rogers" <rick@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:On9eEyZ5IHA.1176@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Open an elevated command prompt and run the following:

ipconfig /release
netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /renew

Then close the prompt (exit) and restart the system.

To open an elevated prompt, click start and type CMD. Right click the entry that appears in the start menu and choose 'run as administrator'. Click 'continue' at the UAC prompt.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jay Cee" <jay---ceex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%236YWOUZ5IHA.1176@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vista Ultimate. ADSL modem. Connection by ethernet. A new problem has come up. Every time I boot in now the Local Area Connection is blocked with a yellow exclamation triangle on the line between PC and Network, ie modem, in Network and Sharing Center) and I get the multiple choice repair message box after clicking that triangle. The problem is fixed after clicking Reset Local Area Connection and the Internet connection is then established. This is very clunky. Is there a way I can get that reset to be permanent?

.