Re: Local Area Connection Must Be Reset

Hi,

Open an elevated command prompt and run the following:

ipconfig /release
netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /renew

Then close the prompt (exit) and restart the system.

To open an elevated prompt, click start and type CMD. Right click the entry that appears in the start menu and choose 'run as administrator'. Click 'continue' at the UAC prompt.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jay Cee" <jay---ceex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%236YWOUZ5IHA.1176@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vista Ultimate. ADSL modem. Connection by ethernet. A new problem has come up. Every time I boot in now the Local Area Connection is blocked with a yellow exclamation triangle on the line between PC and Network, ie modem, in Network and Sharing Center) and I get the multiple choice repair message box after clicking that triangle. The problem is fixed after clicking Reset Local Area Connection and the Internet connection is then established. This is very clunky. Is there a way I can get that reset to be permanent?

  • Re: windows xp locked with forgotten password and no admin account...h
    ... but there isn't one and there was no reset disk made. ... particular password for this admin account then there is ... insert the CD in your optical drive and boot to it. ... The next prompt will be "What is the path to the registry ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Password
    ... original XP disk, does she have any other way of getting to reset her ... bootable CD that with which you will be able to reset your password. ... Hopefully your PC is set up so that it will boot to a bootable CD. ... The next prompt will be "What is the path to the registry ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Repair console administrator password conundrum
    ... to reset the password because of the particular problem you're experiencing. ... that allows you to create a bootable CD from that .iso image. ... Hopefully your PC is set up so that it will boot to a bootable CD. ... The next prompt will be "What is the path to the registry ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Forgot Admin Password
    ... I have Windows XP Media ... Now that you've created the bootable CD that's designed to reset the ... insert the CD in your optical drive and boot to it. ... The next prompt will be "What is the path to the registry ...