Re: Loss of System Restore Points using Vista

On Jul 12, 3:12 pm, eperozzi <epero...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I am using Windows Vista Home Basic operating system on my Toshiba Satellite
A205 laptop computer.  The problem I am running into is that most of the
system restore points I or the system creates are gone after a few days
(possibly with a new startup although I am not sure about this) with the
exception of only a day or two of the most recent ones.

In addition to what Rick Rogers said to do: make SURE you have the box
checked that will let you see all restore points older than 5 days.

  • Problem with the Product Key
    ... I got a laptop computer that came with Word 2007 already ... I contracted a virus from somewhere and had to do a ... system restore, ... the box is not accepting it and it saying the key is incorrect. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: System Restore- restore unsucceful!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    ... > I run Windows XP Professional on my laptop computer. ... It is a bad practice to let System Restore monitor an external hard drive. ... Turning System Restore off will purge all existing restore points. ...
  • Re: Installed Vista 64bit. Hard drive 160gb Old 32bit 58gb??
    ... Saved me alot of time. ... System Restore, by default, reserves 15% of the drive space. ... Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP ...
  • Re: Disk Read Error: Press Ctrl Alt Del to Restart
    ... Best of Luck, ... Rick Rogers, ... happened to me earlier today and I used system restore to get back to ... restarted, and upon restart I got the error again. ...
  • Re: Task image corrupt?? System restore
    ... Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1 ... 300 GB HDD ... Then locate and delete any System Volume Information folders on the root of any volume that was previously being monitored by System Restore. ... Rick Rogers, ...