Re: "D Drive"?

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 06:41:00 -0700, QuasarFlash
<QuasarFlash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What do you do if you think that there are duplicate back up files files of
the same programs in your "D Drive" which may cause it to run slow or slower
than usual? I believe when my wife was up my comp,I think she accidently did
just this.

Drive D: 6.49GB is 14% free

Is it possible to remove these duplicate back up files?If so,How do I check
this & do just that so my comp can run better & faster?

In all probability, your D: drive is a partition that contains an
image of the operating system which your computer's manufacturer put
there so you can reload it if necessary.

Check your documentation to be sure I'm right. Assuming that I am,
your wife didn't have anything to do with it. Leave this partition
alone, and do nothing to it, other than following the manufacturer's
instructions to make a CD copy of it.

Whether or not I'm right about what it is, it's not causing your
computer to run slower. Look elsewhere for the cause of your
performance problems. Start by telling us what firewall, anti-virus,
and anti-spyware protection you use.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

  • Re: Quicksort
    ... I still think tinkering with the partition function matters. ... word in partitioning for duplicate data. ... I have never understood why heapsort is preferred ... shellsort, ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: [opensuse] Another back-up question - Over & over again
    ... will have to format it again to ext3, and build my partitions exactly as they ... and I am not sure how I can duplicate it exactly. ... Does it matter if a partition is a bit bigger or smaller, ... chance to change your partition types/sizes. ...
    (SuSE)
  • OT: Imaging a bad drive.
    ... disk / partition / file copiers off track. ... drive errors) but nothing seemed to be able to fix them suggesting ... duplicate the drive ok. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: OmniClone problems
    ... > We are using an OmniClone unit to duplicate our XPe images at the moment, ... > problems copying XPe images with one? ... All NTFS partition works (I replaced the 1st partition from FAT to ... Here's the information regarding the drive I'm trying to duplicate. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Good duplicate file finder
    ... >And just a teensy word of advice - if you are looking for this type of ... >program because you think it would be a good idea to remove duplicate ... their own partition, and that data should be kept on a separate ... the output from a dupe-checker as closely (it's still a good idea to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)