Re: Run Dll error message

Angie Bean wrote:

errror loading C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\psruyfli.dll the
specified
module could not be found.... this message comes up everytimeI start up
my computer it has been happening for the last 2 weeks or so...I have no
idea what thismeans, can some one help me ?

That file is probably malware. If you recently cleaned up your computer (or
your antivirus worked and removed the malware), then a reference to the
malware was left in Startup. This is easily fixed (see below). If you
haven't recently cleaned up your machine and your antivirus logs show
nothing (you will need to look), then it would be wise to run through some
virus/malware removal steps in addition to fixing your Startup.

Be sure the computer is clean:

Manage your Startup:
Start Orb>Start Search box>msconfig [enter]

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation,
type the password, or click Continue. Then see what is on the Startup tab.
You don't need to restart immediately, but the next time you do you'll get
a dialog saying you've used the Utility. Usually in Vista this will be
blocked by Windows Defender and you'll need to allow it so you can then
tick the box that says in effect, "don't bother me about this again".

Important - Do not use the System Configuration Utility to stop processes.
Instead, use Start>Run>services.msc [enter] and do not stop any services
unless you really, really know what you're doing.

The free Autoruns program is very useful for managing your Startup -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx - Autoruns

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: rundll error Error loading system32arlmhpf.dll
    ... I have encountered a rundll error on my laptop "Error loading ... This occurs on startup and it seems to affect IE. ... There is a strong probability that the file referenced is malware. ... Important - Do not use the System Configuration Utility to stop processes. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: windows cant find C:WINDOWSis-CDIM.exe
    ... If you recently scanned for malware ... To remove this, manage your Startup: ... Important - Do not use the System Configuration Utility to stop processes. ... The free Autoruns program is very useful for managing your Startup - ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: ERROR When Computer Comes On
    ... MyWebSearch toolbar is malware. ... To remove the entry in Startup: ... Important - Do not use the System Configuration Utility to stop processes. ... The free Autoruns program is very useful for managing your Startup - ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: cdyrqb.exe
    ... It would have been more helpful if you had posted the exact text of the error message. ... So either your antivirus/antispyware software removed the malware and left a reference to it in Startup or your computer is still infected but this malware file isn't being found. ... If you were that thorough and are 100% sure the machine is clean, remove the startup call by running the System Configuration Utility: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: JJUVFEEL.DLL error
    ... It is common for malware to have randomly named files like ... See below for how to manage your Startup. ... Important - Do not use the System Configuration Utility to stop processes. ... The free Autoruns program is very useful for managing your Startup - ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)