Re: Playing video files and animation slowdown drastically on VISTA

I'm having same kind of problems. It seems everything audio/video
related is choppy,stuttering and skipping if I do anything else than
listen/watch them. I think it was the latest performance and reliability
update that caused it.

I've been running Vista for over a year now and I've never ever had
problems like this. I uninstalled and installed almost every driver
again and again. Switched from X-Fi to integrated realtek HDaudio.
Rolled back overclocking and still stuttered.

THEN SCROLLING THROUGH THE VISTA FORUMS I FOUND THIS.
http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/155369-vista-x64-ultimate-stutters-2.html#post774192

So disabling the MMCS service helped some but the problems still
persist. I guess we'll just have to wait for Microsoft to patch the
problems they've caused.

--
Pulzar
.