Re: Diskeeper 2008 causing Vista crashing?

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 19:56:31 -0500, aerozolic
<guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is an option in Diskeeper's settings which says that the automatic
defragmentation will kick in when the system is idle. It might have been
the default option even. My advice is if you want to defragment your hdd
with Diskeeper, turn the automatic defragmentation off.

The beauty of Diskeeper is that it runs in the background continuosly.
It's one of the program's strongest points.

  • Re: i cant defrag my pc ????
    ... I happen to use Diskeeper 9 from Diskeeper Corp aka.. ... the need for at least 20% free space, though it still will defrag, ... Diskeeper has completed a defragmentation run on this volume and there ... The average number of fragments per file is 1.03. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Deleted backup file still eating 5 gig memory
    ... > defragmentation does. ... The most popular commercial program is Diskeeper from ... > the machine next reboots. ... > other logical partitions don't have system files or page files. ...
  • Re: Deleted backup file still eating 5 gig memory
    ... defragmentation does. ... The most popular commercial program is Diskeeper from ... other logical partitions don't have system files or page files. ...
  • RE: Diskeeper vs PerfectDisk
    ... I don't know if Diskeeper also takes advantage of prefetch and the layou.ini ... defragmentation. ... But if I had to guess, I would guess no. PerfectDisk uses ... PerfectDisk attempts to replace XP’s file placement strategy with its own. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Disk De-Frag utilities, suggestions?
    ... I mentioned previously that we use Diskeeper for physical ... either on the same disk or to another disk with more ... >>Disk Cache and Disk Defragmentation software are not one in the same, ... > regularly and it suffers both file and freespace fragmentation. ...
    (comp.os.vms)