Diskeeper 2008 causing Vista crashing?

I got Diskeeper 2008 Pro Premier a while back hoping to keep my laptop
in good shape. Then I performed a system update which included the
update of some Intel drivers for disk management and wireless network
management. As a result my laptop started freezing a while after going
into screen saver mode. I spent a few days on the phone with IBM/
Lenovo support and Microsoft support to resolve this issue. They could
not solve it, but I stumbled onto the solution when I noticed that the
hard drive was very active after going into the screen saved mode,
which made me realize that the automatic defragmentation of Diskeeper
was kicking in. When I disabled that automatic defragmentation the
problem was gone. I then uninstalled and reinstalled Diskeeper at
Diskeeper's direction which resolved the issue entirely. Diskeeper
still won' admit that there is an issue between Vista driver updates
and Diskeeper, but I know what happened to me. It took me a few days
of wasted time, so I figured I would post my experiences.

  • Re: cpu fan roaring up fast and furious
    ... out if diskeeper is actually the cause for your processor spikes.. ... looking for anything that could be causing it to use your laptop when it ... makes no sense that your fan is suddenly acting up in response to this, ... You could also check Toshiba's website for a BIOS update that applies ...
  • Is dfrgfat.exe also a Windows XP program
    ... Both computers are running XP SP2. ... Diskeeper is not installed on my laptop but my laptop does have dfrgfat.exe ... Is dfrgfat.exe also part of Windows XP SP2? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Recommended Defragmentation Tool for Vista
    ... I apologize for the numerous links, ... Diskeeper 2008 resource usage will *always* give priority to other resources. ... For automatic defragmentation, the GUI does not need to be active/open, ... (Or during the installation itself where such an ...
  • Re: How to stop Diskeeper
    ... Double click on the Diskeeper 2008 icon on the desktop (or the ... Select 'Automatic Defragmentation' and a new window will pop up. ... If you notice disk activity even while Diskeeper is not processing any ...